PSAC’s Parks bargaining team met in Ottawa November 20 - 22 to prepare a package of demands for their upcoming round of negotiations.??
The negotiating team worked to finalize members’ bargaining demands ahead of its first meeting with the employer. Negotiations with the Parks Canada Agency are expected to begin in early 2019.
A final copy of the package of demands will be made available online to all members once bargaining begins.
National Childcare Day?
While in town, the Parks bargaining team was able to participate in the National Childcare Day on Parliament Hill. Extending the parental leave top up and improving work-life balance have been top priorities for many PSAC members currently in bargaining, including Parks Canada employees.
NSCC team members selected?
The Parks bargaining team also selected its representatives who will sit on the Parks Canada National Strategy Coordinating Committee. Experienced Parks bargaining members Loretta Moar (UNE) and Daniel Britton (UCTE) will represent the team on the committee.
Stay tuned in the new year for Parks Canada bargaining developments.
Be informed and get involved
- Sign up for bargaining updates.
- Make sure your membership information is up to date.
- Check out the Parks Canada bargaining team page on our national website.
- Show support for your bargaining team on Facebook and Twitter.
- Talk to your colleagues about your contract, benefits, and protections.
- Participate in any upcoming information sessions in your region.