To:PSAC Locals in the B.C. Region
- APPLICATION DEADLINE:Friday, September 28, 2018
- CONFERENCE DATES: November 24 - 25, 2018
- CONFERENCE LOCATION:Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver 791 West Georgia Street
- Apply online here
We are pleased to be sending you this Application Package for the 2018 PSAC B.C. Regional Young Workers’ Summit, which will be held November 24 - 25, 2018 at the Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver under the theme Shaping Our Future Now.
We encourage you to personally inform PSAC Young Worker members in our Region to ensure they are made aware of this summit. Bulletin boards may not always be accessible and additional outreach is very important and appreciated.
This application package is available upon request in alternative formats through the PSAC Regional Executive Vice-President’s Office by contacting us at 604-430-0191 or toll-free in B.C. 1-866-811-7700 or by emailing email@example.com .
The objectives of the 2018 PSAC B.C. Regional Young Workers’ Summit are:
- To gather PSAC Young Workers in B.C. to learn more about their union, including its work on young worker’s issues, from past to present;
- To provide an opportunity to hear from, share experiences and challenges with those in leadership positions who have mobilized around issues;
- To gain skills and tools on how to effect change in our political landscape inside and outside of the union;
- To challenge participants to develop their own political action skills and empower them to bring these skills to their respective Young Worker Committees.
PSAC members in good standing and who self-identify as a young worker (35 years or younger), may apply to be a delegate to this Summit.? Priority will be given to members who are active on young workers’ rights in their union or workplace. Priority will also be given to community activists on young worker issues. The selection of delegates will take into account representation such as geography, Component (if any), gender, and other equity groups.
Delegates will be entitled to full voice and vote during the summit.
Funding for Delegates: All Delegates will be reimbursed loss of salary for the days that they are normally scheduled to work during the summit.
Members with Treasury Board, CFIA and Parks - Leave With Pay
Effective January 1, 2018, Treasury Board members (PA, SV, TC and EB Groups), and CFIA members, FB members (effective July 3, 2018), and Parks members (effective August 1, 2018) attending PSAC events covered by any of the following clauses must no longer submit loss of salary via the Member Expense Portal. Only non-salary expenses are to be claimed for reimbursement.
- 14.02 (13.02 for CFIA and Parks): representing PSAC on a certification or intervention
- 14.09 (13.09 for CFIA and Parks): contract negotiation meetings
- 14.10 (13.10 for CFIA and Parks): preparatory contract negotiation meetings
- 14.12 (13.12 for CFIA and Parks): Board of Directors and Executive Board meetings and conventions
- 14.13 (13.13 for CFIA and Parks): representatives’ training courses
Members affected will receive a Union Authorization Letter from the Regional Executive Vice-President’s Office for the Young Workers’ Summit authorizing their participation in the union activity for which a leave with pay is to be requested. The member will enter the leave request for the union activity in their respective Leave Management System and submit an electronic copy of the letter to their delegated manager.
Please Note: Illness or other unforeseen circumstances may prevent a member from attending a union event. Members who are unable to participate in part or all of the event are personally responsible for modifying their related leave request in their Leave Management System. The Leave Management System must reflect the actual union leave used by the member in order to ensure the accuracy of the loss of salary invoiced to Public Service Alliance of Canada. The leave recorded in the Leave Management System should only reflect the actual amount of leave required to attend the union event.
Delegates that reside within 60 kilometres of the venue:
- will be entitled to claim a $50 per day allowance for Saturday and Sunday to cover the cost of travel, meals, and parking.
- Hotel will not be provided.
Delegates that reside more than 60 kilometres from the venue will be considered in travel status which means the following costs will be covered:
- Travel costs, including ground transportation;
- Hotel accommodation costs at the Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver;
- Meal and incidental allowances (except those provided) as per the PSAC Travel Policy;
- Hotel self-parking charges (where applicable)
ACCOMMODATION FOR DISABILITIES
The PSAC Accommodation Policy strives to ensure that PSAC events are barrier-free for members with disabilities. Once selected as a delegate, members will be asked to specify their accommodation needs in order to facilitate their participation at the B.C. Regional Young Workers’ Summit.
The objective of the PSAC Family Care Policy is to remove one of the barriers which prevents delegates from participating fully in Union activities and which provides for the reimbursement of family care expenses. A copy of the policy is available on the PSAC website at www.psacunion.ca/family-care-policy .
On-site child care is intended to remove a barrier to a delegate's ability to participate at the summit and is provided only for those who could not otherwise attend, had the service not been available. Requests must be received no later than September 28, 2018.
PSAC POLICIES: ANTI-HARASSMENT, SCENT-FREE AND SMOKE-FREE ENVIRONMENT
During the summit, and at all events associated with the summit, the PSAC Anti-Harassment, Smoke-free Environment and Scent-free Environment policies will be in effect. Please refrain from using scented products of any type.
SELECTION OF DELEGATES
If you are selected as a delegate to this summit, you will be advised by email and/or telephone.
SELECTION OF OBSERVERS
If you are not selected as a delegate, you may be selected as an observer.
Please note: All observers selected to this summit shall have self-identified as a young worker.
All observers, if selected, are required to pay a registration fee of $100.00.? This registration fee entitles observers to participate in the summit, including workshops and materials provided.? In addition, all observers are responsible for their own travel, accommodation, loss of salary, and all other expenses.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS: Friday, September 28, 2018
For further information or assistance, call the PSAC Regional Executive Vice-President’s Office at 604-430-0191 or toll-free in B.C. 1-866-811-7700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .? Leave a voicemail or email message and someone will get back to you.
We look forward to the upcoming regional summit. This summit is an opportunity for our PSAC Young Worker members to improve their level of activism of the Union and build our leadership in the workplace, union, and in our communities.
Please consult the PSAC B.C. Region website www.เล่นเกมยิงปลาผ่านคอม www.mateaislandweddings.com periodically as information will be posted as soon as it becomes available.
Thank you for your cooperation and support.
Jamey Mills, PSAC Regional Executive Vice-President, BC
James Brierley, Young Workers Coordinator, PSAC BC Regional Council
|Young Workers' Summit Callout and Application Package||476.8 KB|